Dear PA Legislator,
House Bill 1947, with a retroactive provision, is supported by the following heroes:
- Attorney General Bruce Beemer,
- PA Victim Advocate, Jennifer Storm,
- Both Candidates for PA Attorney General- Josh Shapiro and Se. John Rafferty,
- 180 members of the PA House,
- Nationally Renowned Constitutional Law Experts,
- Dozens of advocate organizations for SOL Reform,
- Thousands of victims of child sex abuse,
- Tens of thousands of your constituents,
- AND Gov. Tom Wolf, who promised he would sign the bill when it got to his desk.
In the next weeks you, PA Legislator, will have the opportunity to add your name to our list of heroes by supporting HB 1947 with retroactivity.
- Let the process go forward,
- Let the courts decide the issue of constitutionality,
- Don’t wait for upcoming grand jury reports that will unearth more horrors of abuse and cover-up.
Victims past, present and future – deserve justice, protection, and support from you!
If you are a concerned citizen, you can be a hero also. Call today and stand up for victims.
This bill will be considered by the PA House on 10/17 and will likely be amended the same day to include retroactivity. It will quickly move to the Senate for their consideration. It will likely die there unless they receive enough pressure from their state constituents.
Do not delay — Call today!
Steps you can take now to be a hero for all victims, past, present and future.
- Contact PA House Leadership (see list below): Let them know you support amending HB 1947 to the bill with retroactivity they first passed last April;
- Contact PA Senate Leadership (see list below): Let them know you support the House amended HB 1947 with retroactivity;
- Contact your state representative: Let him/her know you support amending HB 1947 to the bill with retroactivity they first passed last April; (Find your local legislator’s name and contact info HERE.)
- Contact your state senator: Let him/her know you support the House amended HB 1947 with retroactivity. (Find your local legislator’s name and contact info HERE.)
PA House Leadership
Speaker Mike Turzai
(717) 772-9943 Fax: (717) 772-2470 firstname.lastname@example.org
Majority Leader Dave Reed
(717) 705-7173 Fax: (717) 705-1947 email@example.com
Minority Leader Frank Dermody
(717) 787-3566 Fax: (717) 787-8060 http://www.pahouse.com/33/Contact/
PA Senate Leadership
President Pro Tempore Joseph Scarnati
(717) 787-7084 FAX: (717) 772-2755 firstname.lastname@example.org
Majority Leader Jake Corman
(717) 787-1377 Fax: (717) 772-3146
Minority Leader Jay Costa
(717) 787-7683 FAX: (717) 783-5976 email@example.com